Tuesday, June 7, 2011

If you give a mouse a cookie...

"Don't wait. The time will never be just right."
- Napoleon Hill

After reviewing my Summer Check list I realized there was something vital missing. Something I most likely forgot about  have been dreading acknowledging! What on earth could a full time working mom, and wife need to work on? Oh yeah that's right... That would be my seriously need to DE-clutter my house… meh… Or maybe my whole life. In the past I was always that overly organized boarder line OCD woman who everyone went to for help. Sometime after becoming a mom, and a full time worker it seems my time management/general organizational skills got misplaced. 
Upon looking around my house I realized we, Jacques and I, had become complete pack rats! Where did all this come from? WOOPSIE!! I woke up this morning excited and determined to call out my inner OCD and get things back on track. No more "lets fix this tomorrow". 
Being the research freak Fanatic that I am I searched the Internet for any and all resources, and came out the other side with some new exciting and fresh ideas. Today as the coffee set in I went on a massive cleaning frenzy, and hello OCD, like a slap in the face, there you are again. Cleaning the bathroom sink lead to an all out bathroom showdown... I will say I WON! But oh no if you clean the bathroom you must wipe down the door... and then the walls... and then clean out the hall closet, and let me tell you, if you clean out the hall closet you might as well clean them all! Throw out this... throw out that... put this in storage. Kitchen sink, check, under the sink, check. Oh snap... did you know your stove top lifts up, and the little window in your oven pops out. Yikes I must be the only one who did not know that(shh don't tell)!! Oh my house has never shined so bright! Now for the garage sale...Talk about if you give a mouse a cookie! :)

Project 1000
Any and all DE-clutter tips and tricks are welcomed with love!

~Love Always Mama G~


2 comments:

  1. Hehe! Hello fellow OCD friend! I just came home from a week on the beach & scrubbed the entire kitchen...counters, cabinets top to bottom, fridge... My daughter asked if I had lost my mind!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL I love it! Glad to know I am not the only one! :)

    ReplyDelete